Workers expect to perform their assigned tasks in a safe environment or workplace. If you suffer from any illness or injury in an unsafe work environment, then you are eligible to get financial benefits.
Although all the companies carry workers compensation coverage, but in case your employer does not have one and you have incurred work related injury, then you can legally sue him or her.
What Does Workers Compensation Coverage Include?
- Injury caused during breaks, lunch hour, or while performing work-related activity
- Pre-existing condition exacerbated while working
- Disease contracted due to exposure to hazardous toxic chemicals or contaminants
- Injury sustained due to daily work responsibilities
- Injury caused by mental or physical stress at work
The financial compensation that you get must cover all your expenses, involving work-related injuries. It must include:
- Funds to pay your medical bills
- Enough money to pay for any kind of future rehabilitation, medical treatments and procedures
- Money to cover all the lost wages due to your injuries
- Finances to cover any potential lost earnings in the future
- Money to compensate your suffering and pain, along with physical, mental, and emotional anxiety
Why You Need to Hire Workers Compensation Attorney?
Following work related illness or injury, looking for help from a reliable and experienced workers compensation attorney is the best thing you can do. We usually do not interact with our lawyers on a daily basis, and for most, it could be for the very first time.
You may be wondering how much does it cost to consult or hire a attorney, what are the details I need to provide my lawyer, etc. Thus, compiled here is the information that will help you with these questions and more.
When Should you Approach a Workers Compensation Lawyer?
You can hire an attorney soon after your work related illness or injury. An experienced accident and work injury can help you to get your workers benefits and protect your rights. Besides this, your attorney can save you from any harassment from the employer after getting injured.
What Can Workers Compensation Lawyer Do For Me?
- Ensure that you get all of the workers compensation benefits
- Meet you without charging consultation fee
- Deal with the insurer and your employer on your behalf
- Assist you in settling the claim so that you get large portion of it
- Protect your entitlement to benefits and legal rights
- Ensure that you receive appropriate medical care
- Challenge an unfavorable medical examination report
Benefits of hiring Workers Compensation Attorney
We all know, any business wants to make money, some or the other way, and so do these insurance companies. Insurers usually deny the benefits to the injured worker, in the hope that he or she will give up, settle for less, or quit their employer. Now, only an experienced attorney can assist you in challenging the disputes or denials in the court of law, and get you the benefits that you deserve. Thus, hire workers compensation lawyer, and do not try to file for the claim yourself.